- Please do not modify the artboard area of the PDF or Illustrator template file
- OUTLINE all fonts used in your design, as any missing fonts will delay production.
- Embed any images used in your design.
- If saving as a PDF, please HIDE or DELETE the Lil Artwork and cutter guide layers
- Pay attention to the Lil Packaging branding and make sure your design fits around this.
- Allow for 1-3mm of movement in your design for text and any critical information.
- No need to include or add document bleed.
- Do not delete the mask layer (this is needed for production)
- Save your PDF with “illustrator editable”selected
- If desgning on variable size packaging, such as book wraps, be sure to allow for overlap in your design.
We print in full CMYK, think of it as your inkjet printer at home, only about 50 times larger and 10 times faster!!
Just like your inkjet at home, we cannot print white, so when there is white in your design it will take on the material colour. So if you are printing on to brown kraft cardboard, the white will be brown (see example image below).
We require 10mm of free space for “grip”, this allows the item to be fed into the printer. Please do not place any artwork in this area as it will negatively impact the final print quality and finish. This area is marked on the template PDF (usually at the bottom of the artwork).